Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Worry

I am a person that suffers from terrible anxiety. It often can overcome me. This however is in direct disobedience to God. Jesus commanded us not to worry. This command of Jesus which is so often disobeyed is found in our scripture lesson.
MATTHEW 6:25-34 – 25Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
28And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat’? Or ‘What shall we drink’? Or ‘What shall we wear’? 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

It is right there do not worry, and yet I disobey, and repent. As I have been struggling with this extra lately I turned to our churches website. I went to to the sermons link, unfortunately I have missed the last 2 weeks there. Which probably is another reason why my anxiety levels are up. And right there God slapped me in the face with what I need to here. Please go check it out:
http://www.bicweb.org/allegheny/fiveforks/august12.htm

That's it and I feel better. However to be in accordance with it they want you to do write down your blessings read over them and add to them. I will try to continue count your blessings Mondays but I will also just write them down whenever. I would like to share you you my greatest blessings.

1. My family. Immediate, distant, adopted and friends. I love them.
2.My church. I found the best church. I love it there. I look forward to all the time. My kids ask every day to go.
3.My home. It means a lot to me to have a home.
4.My camera. I love it. I love taking pictures. I love the memories and the stories I will be able to share.
5.My car. It makes life easier.
6.Airplanes. As my BIL is flying in tonight.
7.For the rain. I suppose that is not just my blessing but we need it so badly.
8.For snow. I love to ski!
9.Pizza. Everyone loves pizza.
10.Our computer. It lets me find the sermons when I need them and lets me make new friends.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...