Friday, January 4, 2008
What happened...it was bad. A few days before the new year I was hanging out playing with the children next to the pellet stove, as we USED to always do. The heat was warm the fire always entrancing. I had always enjoyed spending time there. We have a computer next to it, my oldest sons Computer, and a swivel chair. Our baby was playing with his brother and I. When the chair spun and caught the baby between the chair and the stove. Like Evan always was naked this time was no difference. The pellet stove burned the right side of his body. Primarily on his bottom and leg with burns 6 inches long. He had very minor burns on his arm also. He yelped and screamed followed by endless cries and jumping around in pain. His poor baby skin was burned onto the pellet stove. I held and loved him till I could get him to calm down a little. The I ran for all those baby first aid books and started to treat his burns with cool wet wash clothes. He was having no part of it. I called the doctors and brought him right in. The saw to him immediately and cleaned and treated his woulds. For the last week and a half now. We have been dealing with a burned baby. Giving him antibiotics to treat any infections, cleaning the wounds, applying a silver solution to them, and keeping him as comfortable and with as little interaction with things that could upset the burns as possible. We bring him back in to the doctors ever couple days so they can reassess clean and dress his burns. The good news is he is healing well. It could have been so much worse. His trauma has however, made him unable to control his bladder. He is wetting all the time. The doctors assure us this will stop soon. But through many prayer all of us are getting through it.