Monday, August 9, 2010

Yankee Candle Village

I love the smells of Yankee candles. I will open jar after jar and smell. My favorites are butter cream, sugar cookies, cinnamon rolls and newly maple syrup. Besides the smells that make me want to bake and eat everything over 2000 delicious, indulgent, yummy calories I also love holiday sents. The Autumn fragrances and Christmas fragrances hold many of my all time favorites.

There are Yankee Candle Stores everywhere and if there is not one close you can find the candles sold is so many other stores. I wonder if there is anyone out there who has not smelled one of these candles. In Williamsburg there is a Yankee Candle Village. It was huge. It had a toy shop, eateries, home shop, pet shop, a few Christmas shops, clothing, art, and of course candles shops. It had a bit of everything.

The boys of course loved the toy shop. There was a train going around the ceiling. Lots of toys and costumes which we said no to most of. In front they had a princess cut out with a knight in shinning armor. My two knights were handsome and brave. Our princess was also brave to have "her" picture took but just was not the pretty princess maybe she just needs some magic.

Daddy and Evan
Photobucket

Daddy and Gregory
Photobucket


Inside the Christmas shop we saw a familiar friend.

Photobucket

No matter what time of year the boys don't like to get close and take their picture with him.

Photobucket

Gregory went through a nutcracker phase a few years ago where he just loved them. Indulging him I bought quite a few of different sizes, and I love to pull them out. I do not have such a large nutcracker as this.

Photobucket

Photobucket

In the Christmas shop it literally snowed every four minutes. Everyone loved this. Amazingly it did not pile up on the ground. It was so decorated. There were carolers, more Christmas trees than you could imagine, bridges, gazebos, even twinkle lights in the stars. It was beautiful.

Photobucket

There were also cutouts of gingerbread men. Evan and Smiley...adorable. But of course I did not get one picture where the both were smiling. So I will share this with you here rather than on the Christmas card.

Photobucket

One of the reasons we went there was my mom and I had coupons for the boys to make there own Yankee candle FREE. There was a huge section where you could make any sort of candle you want any sent too.

The boys made tapers because they were easy to dip. Gregory dipped

Photobucket

Photobucket


then Evan dipped. They each made two candles. They were so proud and had fun. I have these great candles set aside to hang up. The boys want to burn them, maybe one day will. They would be great right now as we are with out power AGAIN and I am writing by battery in the dark.

Such a cool shop. One I will defiantly go back to. One for finical reasons am glad I do not live close to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that looks like so much fun! and I personally love the sugar cookie candle. thanks for visiting my sports room and leaving a sweet comment at GGH. xo Bev

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...