Tuesday, March 29, 2011

An extended stay

We both thought we would be in and out of the hospital in no time, under 24 hours like we were for the last two births. But that was not the case. We stayed 3 days. No that is still not a long time but that also means we were away from our boys for four days now. That is hard to do and we have never been away from Smiley before.

Things were not going bad at the hospital. I was fine in some pain but that's to be expected. Faith was not eating much and dropping weight. This was a little worrying but if you have ever tasted baby food you could understand. Every baby drops a little weight after birth and Faith dropped to 8lb 1oz. So we keep trying to feed her.

Photobucket

She never really got it at the hospital but is a little eater now and up to 8lb 3 oz.

Since we were there the hospital not only fed Faith but us as well. Aside from all the "wonderful" hospital meals and all the fast food runs I had Jay going on to make up for them, they did make us both one special meal.

Photobucket

It was about the same as the rest honestly but it had some wonderful cheesecake!

Photobucket

I ate his and mine. Oh well I don't have to lose the baby weight yet.

Throughout the days visitors stopped by. They brought flowers and balloons all in pink.

Photobucket

But mostly we just got to know our little girl.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We looked in her eyes we smiled when she was comforted by our voice. We held her constantly. I worried. We were gave the green light to go earlier. The morning of the second day. But something in me did not want to go. I wanted to stay and for more than there delicious food. Something in me was feeling a sense of not right and a need to stay. So we stayed. It turned out to be nothing. Like I said Faith was doing good. I got stronger and felt better. I still don't know why I had such a hesitant feeling but I listened to it. No harm done that I did and you never know what we avoided by doing so.

3 comments:

nomo wino daph said...

Beautiful baby girl momma!

Congrats again.

It's a good thing to "be still & listen". Your right, you never know.

I hope you all have a wonderful day getting to bond and know one another!

xxoo

The Simple Blessings said...

I stayed 3 days with both of my girls and I felt like I got the rest I needed by staying that extra day because when I returned home their was no resting. When the girls were asleep I was homemaking and when they were awake I was bonding. I am so excited to hear about what your boys think of Faith!!!!

Oh & I am so jealous- I never looked that great after delivery!

Kalina said...

AWWWWW!!! She is adorable and I am so happy for the two of you :) So glad that Faith is doing well and I can't wait to see more pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...