Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Are the holidays ever not busy?  Is anyone's family ever exempt from sickness during them?  Both are true with mine.  Time is flying and the tissues are always empty.  And each year it seems to get busier, however each year we have more kids.  Maybe there is a connection.  This year I wanted to do it up for the kids but this year now only has 19 days left till Christmas!  I even started before Thanksgiving and am so far from done. I kinda have a mess and boxes everywhere.

As far as Thanksgiving goes it was nice.  It was not what we had planned.  My family is not much for (one of my all time favorite meals) the traditional thanksgiving dinner.  So we decided to go to our favorite family dinning place and have a Chinese dinner for Thanksgiving.  Chinese restaurants are ALWAYS open, so I though.  On Thanksgiving day after we did not watch the parade, we loaded up in the truck and headed out for our lunch.  We arrived at the Chinese restaurant and they were closed!  I could not believe it.  Chinise restaurants never close.  I guess in small towns they do.  We drove around two towns to ALL the other Chinise restaurants and yes they were all closed.  We were sad.  We drove to cracker barrel which was open but had a wait time of an hour and a half and with hungry screaming kids that was not an option.  We drove buy all the big chain restaurants and they were all closed.  UGH.  I thought lets just stop at the grocery store and get something but no one wanted to do that either.  Finally there was hope.  Ruby Tuesdays had cars in the parking lot.  We drove in and yes they were open.  Hooray!  We will have dinner there.  We stayed and ate.  We all had a seafood dinner which was not bad but was not great.  I don't see us going back.

We headed home full.  Dad spent time doing the traditional Thanksgiving activity, went to bed, and the kids and I went out into the warm weather for a soccer game.

Photobucket

As far as the traditional dinner maybe I will make it for Christmas.  Maybe my husband will make it for me.  Maybe we will have better luck with the restaurants then.  Nothing has been decided yet.  But I did get to go have thanksgiving with the boys at school.

They had a feast.  A grand feast it was great.  We the parents served the students, staff and teacher all the Thanksgiving trimmings.  My boys even ate it! They enjoyed it, we all did.

Photobucket
Evan

Photobucket
Greg and friends

They were all to cute.  The lower elementary kids dressed up like Indians and pilgrims.  They each made there hat.  Evan made a necklace too.  The girls wore there bonnets I wish I had a picture of that.

Photobucket
Gregory

Photobucket
Evan

As I said he made the hat himself and glued the feather on how he wanted. Process art not product art. It was hard for me to look at and not want to fix but the feather in the face did not bother him at all.

I love going to there school and spending time with them.  They may have perfectly dressed themselves as opposing pilgrims and Indians but they are still my two turkeys.

Photobucket

Photobucket


1 comment:

michelle said...

I've never (ever) cooked a turkey. Or dressing. If we don't hang with other family members on Thanksgiving, we always do Chinese. And one year we did Taco Bell. And we were thankful. :)
Cutest pilgrim and Indian EVER!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...