Monday, September 2, 2013

Garlic Lime Wings

Oh  this was good.  Yes so good.  I don't know why but in a non pintrest moment I...cracked open a....cookbook.  Yes something drew me to that abandoned wasted space of cabinet in the corner of my kitchen.  My nexus was probably dead.  But either way I grabbed an old magazine I had shoved up there from June 2003, older than any of my kids.  I can't believe I saved something that long.  I told you it is an abandoned corner.  I flipped though it and saw a recipe for wings or drumettes.  Yum one of my favorites.  I looked at this recipe for garlic lime chicken drumettes with chipolte mayo and had everything.  Yes it was going to be a go, and I am so glad it was.

Now I changed it a little from the original recipe to make it mine and  add cilantro.   How could a dish not have cilantro?  Mine was DELICIOUS I am sure the original was good but mine was awesome, just saying.

MARINADE
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
1 Tablespoon fresh diced basil
1 Tablespoon cumin
1/2 cup lime juice
1/3 cup olive oil
6 garlic cloves minced
12 wings

1) Place all ingredients in a gallon zip lock bag, shake, turn to coat all wings and places in fridge for 4 hours.  Rotate it while in there several times.

2) When almost ready to eat soak hickory chips in water.  Soon start your coals.

3) While step 2 is underway make the dipping sauce.

SAUCE
1 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 chipolte chilies in adobe drained and diced finely
1 Tablespoon adobe sauce
a handful chopped cilantro

This makes a lot more than you need.  You could cut it in half or a third and be fine.  I made the rest as I am making taco pizza this week and try it as a topper.  Or maybe on a sandwich.  But it is a lot of dipping sauce.

4) Combine all ingredients for the sauce and mix well.  Place in fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.

5) When coals are ready start your grill.

6)  Take wings out of bag, discard the marinade, and grill till wings are 165

7) using dipping sauce liberally and enjoy!

 photo IMG_3659_zps40e6f49d.jpg

So very good!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...