Friday, July 3, 2009

Fishing

The other day a very pregnant friend of mine came over. We were watching the kids play, relaxing and chatting. Her husband loves fishing. In fact he is hoping to open a fish and tackle shop on Chincoteague, and we can't wait to shop there. We have been fishing in the ocean with him and when we got our new monster truck one of the ideas that came to our mind was hooking up a sea fishing rack to the front. But hubby has decided to just get a boat since where we live now there are more lakes than shoreline. But in our chat she was mentioning how her husband had a fishing trip planned real soon but was going to cancel it because of the new baby. I was thinking awe what a wonderful husband then I told her this wonderful story of mine......

A day, yup just one day, before my scheduled induction my DH grabbed the boys, his friend Mike, and his two boys loaded up the truck and went fishing. His last words to me before he drove off were "I don't believe I have reception up there so don't have the baby."

The power of fishing. Now you understand why I thought canceling a fishing trip is a romantic gesture. But I am glad he went everyone had a great time.

The big catch eluded them but the blue gills were plentiful.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...