Monday, August 6, 2012

The Cost of Kids: DIAPERS

Lots of kids =lots of expenses.  One unavoidable expenses is diapers.  They have to have have them.  Right now I have 3 kids in diapers.  Ouch.  So how can you combat that price?  Buy in bulk.

IMG_4856

We never can even put them away we have corners in our house that are packed high with diapers. They will go through a pile like this faster than you would think, a few weeks.  So yes the cost adds up.  But I do not always buy brand name diaper.  I often buy Sams Club, it saves a bunch.  I have tried many of the generic brands and do not like most but the club store Sams or Costco ones really work great.

I was getting questioned about this the other day which is what led to me writing to all of you.  She was remarking how she could afford 3 kids in diapers.  I also told her I would rather have 3 in diaper than my older 2 in club sports.  Honestly that cost is more.  Club sports are EXPENSIVE.  Equipment, clothing, fundraisers, pictures, fees, and mostly gas.  I drove 2 hours a day to their practices and games 3 times a week.  Expenses come at all ages and diapers are not cheap but aren't the worst.

1 comment:

michelle said...

Wow - I hadn't really thought about the fact that you had THREE in diapers! Expensive indeed! Have you looked into the Amazon auto-ship diaper deal? Saves lots of money, free shipping...AND they're delivered to your door!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...