Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 1 Christmas/Holiday Traditions

Day 1 Christmas/Holiday Traditions

Photobucket



Humm our families Christmas traditions? I guess I should start with my childhood that is where most come from. The traditions that I remember the most are

1. Driving around the neighborhoods and looking at light with Christmas music playing in the car.

2.Opening one maybe more Christmas presents on Christmas eve. Opening the rest on Christmas Day.

3. Finding my presents before Christmas opening them up and the warping them back together thinking my parents never knew. (I don't if they do know I did that but now being a parent I can only imagine how much stuff I did that they DID know about)

4. Watching a lot of Christmas shows with my Mom.

5. Dancing in the nutcracker every year. I was a prima ballerina. (Remember this is my holiday memories no one else)

Now that the I am the parent I still do some of those traditions.

Photobucket

1. We don't set out any specific night to go and drive around looking at houses lit up we just yell everyone look out mom or dad's window as we drive by a really cool house. We are always out running around anyways we see so many great houses and the price of gas has lead us to change this holiday tradition just a little.

2. Yes my children open a present Christmas eve. It is actually more like Christmas Eve morning and they play with all day while begging to open up the rest.

Photobucket

3. My boys are to young to be that shady yet. However they can not hold a secret and tell everyone what they bought them for Christmas.

4. Oh I make my boys watch so many Christmas movies with me. They love Charlie Brown.

5. I no longer do ballet. I have not been to the nutcracker since I stopped dancing. I would love to go see it.

We have also started some of our own traditions as the Huse Clifton family.

Photobucket

1. We have more than one Christmas tree. One that is big and beautiful of course freshly cut as our main tree. Then the boys have a smaller one in their room. It is a wonderful night light, looks great and is fun. I love seeing trees all around the house.

Photobucket

2. We celebrate boxing day. Everyone is so eager to get the decorations up by the time Christmas is over we have seen them for over a month and are exhausted by all the pomp that falls into the holiday season it is a stress relief to take it down and box it up.

3. We go out to eat dinner at a club my husband belongs to. Santa and Mrs. Clause are there. Good food and lots of fun.

4. We spend a day baking. The kids and I make cookies platters for all the neighbors and deliver them. We eat a lot of them too.

Photobucket

Sometimes it can be so hard to remember on the spot so I turned to the help of the boys and asked them What do we do for Christmas traditions?
They came up with celebrate and play in the snow.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I hope they will remember more as they get older. I hope I wont forget more as I get older.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...