Saturday, November 17, 2012

The vote was for a traditional Thanksgiving

The other night at a family meeting I asked my 5 little turkeys what do you want to do for Thanksgiving.

Source: google.com via Amayaboo on Pinterest


They surprised me with the answer.  Mom I want to have turkey and corn on the cob, like at school, and I want you to come to our Thanksgiving at school.

Wow, it was Gregory who said this and HE wants turkey??!!  Okay.  I will do this for you.  And aww that you want me at school with you. He says that now but when I am there with a camera he will change his mind, quickly.

So yesterday I went to the grocery store to buy some of what I need for us and this year I am making mashed potatoes for the school so what I needed for that as well.  After an hour of shopping and 1 very full cart I get up to the register to go pay and the credit card system was down.  They could only take cash.  UGH you got to be kidding me!  I have all this food very little cash and now wasted so much of my time.  I bought a few thing from my cart with the money I had and left an half full cart.  It was horrible and now today I have to go back and re-shop with ALL the kids where as yesterday I just had one.  I am not looking forward to that.

But I did take home our turkey.  It is frozen so he is defrosting away in our fridge.

Source: google.com via Loretta on Pinterest


just kidding!  Although that would be easier?

I looked at a few recipes yesterday and watched Paula Deen's Thanksgiving this morning, I am getting excited but I have got so much to do.  I am going to remake a list for my re-shopping trip and included some of everyone's favorites.  So today are mission of of many is to eat out a bunch of food from the fridge and make room.  I accept this challenge.

So to add to a super busy week I am off.  I have got so much on my plate to put so much on everyone's plate.



Wow wouldn't that be nice?  One day but for now...




1 comment:

michelle said...

You never cease to amaze me. I've never even cooked a turkey. We'll probably eat Chinese for Thanksgiving!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...