Friday, September 16, 2011

Am I the coolest mom or what?

Not according to my kids!  They look at me as a mom, there mom and only that.  They don't see me as the young, hip, still in her mid 20's ( and for at least the next 10 years this 30 something mom still will be) mom.  But I try and I do play with them.


Photobucket


We went out to our local park lately because they have a few paved off the road paths that the boys can play on with out the fear of cars.  To our great surprise the borough had but a few skate board stuff at the park now to.  TOTALLY AWESOME!!  (No my boys do not actually say that it is me channeling Bart Simpson)

What is ironic is, and LOVE my children's Montessori thinking, Gregory had watched a PBS show Fetch and after being inspired by it (it too was a skateboarding one) he wanted to build a skate park here.  So he started thinking up a design and how to raise funds for the land and the cost.

And then we go to the park and there are jumps, rails, and ramps.  My kids were SO VERY happy!

You might say jumping for joy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Gregory my main skater thought this was cool.

Photobucket

He was so anxious to try the ramp.  He tried it over and over.  He ventured it with his brother's scooter too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

But he always reverted to the board.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Smiley thought it would be great to pull his red wagon over.

Determination set in.

Photobucket

Then he lined it up.

Photobucket

He ran to the ramp.

Photobucket

Went for the gold....

Photobucket

But realized a wagon does not quite do the same as a skateboard.

Photobucket

He so much wants to be like his big brothers.

Faith she was content just being cute.

Photobucket

Evan well he tried it on his scooter and could care less.

Photobucket

He is happy just riding his scooter around.  And happy on the monkey bars.

Photobucket

As far as me, cool , mom.  Well I took Gregory's board and tried it too.  I wanted to show him some tricks. Whatever.  I showed him (now you) how I can make a foo of myself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I could do nothing.  I am not a skateboarder.  Nor do I have good insurance.  So I have got  a surprise.  A treat for my little BIG boys.  Since you like skateboarding, and we have ramps a stone throw from the house, and I apparently can't teach you...I have got you lessons.  Yes!!!

Photobucket

The big boys are starting skateboarding lessons this Sunday.  To learn safety and basic techniques. I have not told them and I can't wait!  They are going to love it.  And I will stick to what I do best taking pictures of it.

Photobucket


2 comments:

Marianne said...

That is so awesome and you are a really cool mom. My two daughters, well the oldest actually thinks very highly of me this week, but usually not. I think this week has just been good because we have managed to keep angry momma away.
Have fun at the skate class.

Teresa said...

You are WAY cool! Your boys will seriously love those lessons.

I love how Faith is peacefully sleeping in the last photo - seemingly completely oblivous to all the noise and fun of the park - what a little girl!

These are great photos - you will look back on them and smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...