Monday, February 11, 2008

Chili Cook Off

Oh those 3 words cook up such a picture in my head. I love chili cook offs! The competition, the smell, the community, and most of all the Chili. Yes that wonderful concoction that everybody puts together a little different. And I get to taste the all.

I was born in Texas and eventually moved to Washington D.C only to settle in with a church and community that was also native Texan. I really mean it too. For instance: 3 of my direct across the street and next door neighbors all came up from Texas too and last living in the same part I was from Galveston/ Houston.


Photobucket

My parents would drag me to all sorts of chili cook offs and now we are dragging my kids. It is no nice to be able to continue this event that I love with my DH and now my little boys. Only to be made better by the fact that my parents are still coming too.


Photobucket


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...