Wednesday, June 25, 2008

As Far as Wednesday Went...

It was great! I spent time with the boys, time with my husband, time with myself, and time with the Lord.I woke up early before everyone and got to have a few hours to myself blogging, Internet surfing and reading. I even managed to get a shower in before everyone woke up. Oh my... No little guys bursting in to our 1 bathroom saying "Mommy you wet" "Mommy I have to poop" "Mommy I come in too?". I love them but a hot shower to myself (even in the summer) was great, invigorating and unusual.


Photobucket


As I went up to get dressed my oldest son was waking up. He has been having the challenge of bad dreams lately. To the extent of him praying before bed "Dear God please don't let me have any bad dreams, take them away". When I hear how desperately he is scared DH and I have started looking at what could be causing these and cutting certain things, like cartoon network, out of his life. So it was no surprise to find him waking up crying in bed. After comforting him, holding kissing and stroking his hair I found out he was crying because he woke up in his bed not mine. I have been working a lot lately. That is why this time is so extra special with them. Last night they went to bed with me in my bed. The bed they prefer because it is softer and has Mommy and/or Daddy in it. I loved on him more and we came to a happy agreement lets just go downstairs and have some coffee! My kids LOVE coffee, as do I.

As soon as I got him down stairs he was asking about his brother, his best friend, his closest companion. I ran up stairs and got him from MY bed and brought him down stairs happily. Then we all three had a morning cup of coffee.

Shortly following I made the children homemade freshly squeezed lemonade. They love it I love it and what says summer better than that. So cheers to us as we all enjoyed a cup.

Then the mail came. So exciting a point my children look forward to each day. But this day was special we received the Spiderwick Chronicles through Netflix. Immediately we put it in and and it was so good. DH and I liked it more than the children but they still enjoyed it. However lets see how this plays out with the whole nightmare situation. I love children's stories the are so captivating and void of much unnecessary content.

Following the movie we headed outside to enjoy this beautiful summer day in Pennsylvania. We watered the plants, rode bicycles, and my kids have some weird fascination with parking their bikes in a row. Wherever...backyard, front yard, park it does not matter. They had fun.

PhotobucketPhotobucket


With the day being so early still I decided to plant a new garden! I planted a sunflower garden. 9 different varieties all beautiful. I am very much looking forward to this! Although one of my neighbors stopped by and said I will need to protect my garden from are dear pets Rodger. Apparently they like to eat the tops off the sunflowers.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

After lunch I cleaned out the grimy pool. It is so nice to play in but takes a lot of up keep.
Photobucket


Where the pool sat on the ground made a perfect square. My oldest thought that would be the best spot to play soccer. He is getting rather good. Besides just kicking the ball he very much enjoys heading the ball.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
But no summer evening is complete with out catching lightning bugs.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
It was such fun! A great day. I love to be home with my children. Now its time to settle down, Daddy's turn. I can't wait for what wonders will be in store for us tomorrow.


Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...