Wednesday, April 30, 2008

One week ago

We went to the national zoo. It is one of the many components that make up the Smithsonian. It is wonderful!!! I have been going as long as I can remember. After all it is just a metro stop away. I love it. I have watched the hippos, garrafs, monkeys and most of all pandas since I was a child. This is one of the few zoos in the country that have pandas. I have seen many come and go.

Photobucket



They are so cute. And Yes this was how close we were to the Panda behind plexiglass!


Photobucket





My experiences with zoos does not stop there. As a college student I worked at a zoo outside of Seattle WA to help get me through college. What an unforgettable experience! I wish I had have had more time there.

Photobucket

Photobucket




It was also Memas birthday so the children think the whole reason we went to the zoo was to have her zoo birthday party. When in all reality I guess that was true. But we loved to see her, they loved to go to the zoo, it was a beautiful day, could not have asked for better weather, it went well.



Later that night we saw Pepa and went out to a terrible Mexican restaurant. Oh well , we at least had some dinner together. The dinner that my kids did not accidentally spill all over the table. they gave my 3 and 4 year old ginger ale in goblets!!!! Really...lets get real her it was only a matter of time and a complete accident but yes of course it ended up all over the tables. To top it off the terrible waitress never even gave us a towel. We will not go back there ever. There were so many horrible mistakes uff da.. if I would even began to tell you.



As we were going to leave my father asked how are you going to get home? A weird question. Especially since we drive this drive often. Unfortunately since the recent rains a sink hole had developed on the west bound lanes of our route home!

Photobucket

Photobucket




Oh no we had to detour and go another way. But it was such a nice day, such a happy birthday, in the end I am SO happy we went! Happy birthday plus one week Mema.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...