Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sunflower Garden

The sunflowers are growing. It has been a month now since we planted our sunflowers late in the Summer. I dug out a small area on the side of the house that gets a lot of sunlight. I tilled the soil and not knowing what I was doing I sprinkled sunflower mix over it and then watered. My husband walked out and I heard that saying "what are you doing?" Well I want a sunflower garden dear. "Okay well you have toplant the seeds you can't just sprinkle them on top." Humm...so I started pushing the seeds in with my finger. Then a neighbor stopped by and again "what are you doing?" Again I replied I want a sunflower garden. So she told me "you are going to have to protect them rabbits love to eat them." We have rabbits all which are referred to by the kids as Rodger. So I built a cage around them to protect them. I was pretty proud of it.
Later I went to work and was telling someone there about it when he said "you know they have to be planted deep and its too late in the season for this. Everyone is so encouraging. But I stuck with it. And in 1 month I went from this to this!!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for sticking with it! Looks like you will have some flowers.
I sent you an e-mail about rabbits. :)

Tiffanie Lloyd said...

Hummm, I planted sunflower seeds this summer too... and I followed the directions to what I thought was a T. Still nothin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...