Saturday, September 20, 2008

Another day out with Thomas

He's back and we were there. Yup, our blue friend from across the pond made it back to Pennsylvania. I always enjoy going out to Strasburg to go to the trains. That particular train station is where they made all the Thomas trains in the U.S.(the big trains for the movies), where they shot the magic railroad, and it is clean.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

It is also out deep into Amish country and a joy to drive by and see farms and workers.

PhotobucketPhotobucket


But another great joy about going out to Strasburg is we pass right by my nieces house! So to all of our joy we stopped by and picked her up. This is the second year we took our little girl to see the trains and she is just as happy to shout "Thomas" as the boy when that number one engine come by.

Photobucket


Both of my boys have had a fascination with trains since they could make the chuga-chuga sound and push them around. So it is very fortunate we live in PA. Where there is an abundant supply of trains. Big trains, little trains, scenic trains, Lego trains, wooden trains, you name it PA has got it easy and accessible. There were all sorts of Thomas activities there. The 2 little ones really enjoyed the wooden track Thomas. They have one at home so the fascination with the three of them there was a little lost on me. I suppose just because they are new.

Photobucket

My oldest enjoyed the Lego Thomas. He played with this one for quite awhile as Lego's are new to him. Due to Mommy and Daddy being OCD we do not allow toys with lots of pieces.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

However, I do think they enjoyed the pedal train the best. I was a little worried that Danica would not be able to do this as she is only 2 but no our little girl sat down a peddled as well as any other kid there.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Why do people put tattoos on kids? Neither my DH or I have tattoos and in fact we despise tattoos. But yup here we are tattooing our children and niece. Hopefully temporary tattoos are the only one all three will see.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

My sweet wonderful DH while I was waiting in line with the children he snuck off. He went off with the best intentions and came back with presents for ME!! Oh how sweet! He picked me up a shew fly pie and a brand new bonnet. I love it. I wore it all day. This one is a sun bonnet. It works so well. Giving me shade as I work through the day. Thank you Jay!

Photobucket

It was a great day. I love my family and my little niece!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...