Monday, March 1, 2010

floor exercising

Today, is the first of March. The first...a new beginning. What's your new beginning? What do you want to start over or try new? I am going to try to make this month a healthy month. I am going to try to shed a few pounds and get back into something I love this month. I had a goal to run a marathon 26.2 miles by the time I was thirty. That did not happen. This month I turn 31, I never ran the marathon but I did not close the book on that dream in fact it is still at the fore front of my mind. I love to run. I love to walk and hike but I love to run. The human body was designed for it. Running strengthens you and frees your mind. It increases gray matter in the brain which can improve memory and learning, and potentially slow down the deterioration of mental ability. I like the way it makes your body feel when it is took care of and used to it potential. I have been running at the Y. I get on the elliptical machines and just go. Sadly my time has gone dramatically up since I have stopped. I need to get back into shape. I want to get bathing suite ready for a cruise with my love and I want to fulfill my goal of running a marathon. This time I will not put time limits on when it has to be by. I just want to do it for me.

I have started back at the gym and working out at home in order to get back in to shape for running. My boys are so excited. When they see they ask Mom can we do the exercise video? I am thankful I have such motivators in my life.

We tried today to exercise. Tried because I first kept saying later, not now. I did not want to do it. I did cave in and we tried.

I put in the dvd and all the sudden I had 3 little ones trying to work those abs.

Photobucket


Three little ones who believed the only floor room in the house was directly under me.

Photobucket


Three little ones who not only are my cheer leaders, exercise partners, but actually the main reason I have to work out. To work off 9 months of wonderful times, developing love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...