Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fun and Games on the Fourth

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. It is my 2nd favorite, Christmas is in the lead. Where as Christmas is the birth of our Savior the 4th is the birth my my son. My crazy kid!

Photobucket

It has always been a long and fun weekend full of celebration. Every year we go to the town jubilee. It is always a good time with my firecrackers.

Photobucket

Don't you love making family members stick there heads in these photo opps? Yay I have 4 now they fill up all the holes! I love how Faith grew a mustache and Gregory is a girl. I can tease him about that for weeks;)

It was Faith's first fourth, she is excited. Can't you tell?

Photobucket


It was so hot. And the humidity added to it. We played and had a great time even though.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Last year the boys very much wanted to climb the rock wall but in our opinion just were not ready yet. What a difference a year makes. They were ready. They were strong enough and they climbed away. What little spidermen we have. Honestly I am more happy because they like doing something I like to do too. I love that Gregory is so fast and loves to run and now they love to climb. I see us pursuing this.

Everyday I ask the children what is there favorite part of the day, I always love the answers. Sometimes they surprise me and most always they make me smile. From my birthday boy he said wearing the shirts we made as a family. Awww. I asked if he wanted to wear them aging and he said "yay next year but lets make new ones."

Photobucket

On his actual birthday Saturday, we made these shirts getting ready for the fourth. I think they turned out great. It was a little more stressful than fun but how happy they were to have made them and wear them made it all worth it. Even if four days later I still have blue fingers.

Photobucket

Happy Birthday, happy days!

2 comments:

Kalina said...

I love the shirts! I might steal that idea for next year...blue fingers and all haha. Looks like you guys had so much fun. Your family is so beautiful! :)

Unknown said...

What a great idea for the 4th...Tie Dye shirts! I think I am stealing your idea too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...