Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Car Seat Safety

I would like to say thank you to all who pointed out to me how my son was strapped in his car seat wrong. I am not mad or offended by your comments at all but am touched you care. It was something I did not even notice. I will now double check and make sure the strap positions are right.

Any day could be a potential accident but especially on theses recent days of icy roads and low viability you need to be more diligent about the safety of your children. I could never imagine the phone call that says your child has been in an accident. I certainly would not want to be in a cause in preventable injuries to my child in an accident.

So thank you to all of you who cared so much for Smiley and the great suggestions.

Here is a close up of the picture that caused the concern.

Photobucket

It can be a little hard to see the black seat belt in his fluffy coat so in this picture I highlighted it bright orange to show better where it laid.

Photobucket

My husband asked me why would I even post a picture like that. I would because I over looked it. I overlooked it as I left him like that on our car trip home. But rather than not posting a picture because of my mistake I am re-posting it as hopefully a help in what should be done. You never know who you reach when you write something or comment on something :)

5 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

My cousin is a cop and went through the seat belt safety class so I wanted to let you know: he isn't suppose to wear a coat in his car seat. In the event of a accident the coat will cause the belts to expand and that will cause them to loosen and he could get ejected or hurt.

She always told parents to have a blanket to put over them or a thin fleece jacket they could wear in the car. Nothing bulky, puffy or regular winter coats.

I hope you won't be mad I pointed that one out just so many don't know they aren't suppose to.

Gidget Girl Reading said...

just saw someone else already told you that. oops I should have read all the comments.

Lisa said...

Good for you for using this situation to raise awareness for proper car seat safety.

You're right...you never know who might read this post and be helped out by it.

WiffsWife said...

I'm SO glad you didn't take offence to my post. I really didn't want you to and was really showing concern. :) I hope that this post helps many more people. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for taking all of our comments in the way they were meant....with love & care. I think it is awesome that you took our advice & turned it into a tool to help others as well!

Good for you! God Bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...