Thursday, January 6, 2011

When did this happen?

Yesterday in the mail I received yet another catalog. But they are ALWAYS preferable to bills, but often lead to bills. This one was from a Christian book company. I was flipping through it and saw some books by Nancy Leigh DeMoss that caught my eye. Lies Women Believe. This could be interesting so I started reading the little blurb about it and then the book underneath caught my eye Lies Yong Women Believe. Oh that was more my style I am not my mother I am a young vibrant women so I started to read that blurb. Then it happened I was hit like a barrel of hay on train tracks. Down towards the bottom of the blurb it said "Their insights will equip your 13 to 19 year olds..." What! 13 to 19 that is not a young women that is a teenager. I flipped the page saying well I just won't get either since they don't know what they are talking about.

I flipped the page and there were two other like books but this time by Elizabeth George. A women after God's own heart and A young women after God's own heart. Great lets see how I fall into her young women category. Sure enough it happened again. Her young women was also a teenager.

What is going on? Am I that old? I am in my early thirties with a birthday around the corner in March. Am I a women? I don't feel like my mother who now is a seasoned Grandmother, thanks to me. I do have a few boys but I still consider them babies. So shouldn't I still consider myself in my 20's? (Although the last two were born in my 30's but lets not stay to the facts)

I don't feel old. I don't feel 21 nor would I want to be but I don't feel like the old person that reality is trying to label me as. I always thought of myself as the young hip mom who could fit in with the newly weds or give advice to (fellow old) room mothers. I might be a soccer mom but I though I was the one who could rock the sideline.

I am not ready to be old, wise yes but my idea of old...NO! wow I am going to have to spend sometime taking this in.

Maybe in March I will have to turn 25 again.

Photobucket
22 over a decade ago and still I would not be "young" by their standards. I look back and think boy was I ever young there.

Photobucket
25 The beginning of the soccer mom

Photobucket
28 aging

Photobucket
28 Yes it is the same son from 25 year old photo. It is hard to believe he is getting older but not me.

Photobucket
Mothers day when I was um...29

Photobucket
29 and summertime

Photobucket
here it is the big crossover into my 30's! I tried dark hair to make me look younger.

Photobucket
30 I feel like there mom but look like there sister, maybe?

Photobucket
31 So I am not the young woman I once was. I am a mother of four, older than this picture, but I am full of life and feel young at heart. If age is just a number it does not matter what it is or what I say mine is :)

4 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

I know they love to make us feel old don't they.

I think you look great :)

The Frugal Free Gal said...

I was just talking to my hubby tonight about how I am excited to be entering into my 30s soon! :)

Your newest follower! Would love a follow back!

Thank you!

The Frugal Free Gal
http://thefrugalfreegal.com
Twitter: @frugalfreegal
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Frugal-Free-Gal/133890719973105

Lisa said...

You're so right...age is just a number! I'm in my thirties too and feel like I'm just entering my prime. Much more comfortable in my own skin now than I was in my twenties.

Don't believe the hype...you're still a vibrant, beautiful, YOUNG woman.

nomo wino daph said...

ITA! I am a few weeks away from turning 29 {39} again and I do not feel like a "woman approaching 40" by no means!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...