Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Source Code

Photobucket

The other night we curled up on the couch to watch the source code. It was new, sounded exciting, action, and got good reviews. We continually heard the commercials for it so thought it was worth a try and... it was.

It was about a good looking guy who has to save the world. And he keeps reliving the same event until he gets it right. Much like groundhog day but with a modern matrix addition except Jake Gyllenhaal is by far hotter than Bill Murry. He falls for a victim in the circumstance that he is trying to save the world from. And his controller (the matrix part) falls for him.

It was not too bad for children, two of mine watched it with us. My little boy who was 2 watched because he would not go to bed. The whole movie took place on a train and that kept his attention. Of course he can't understand the movie he just like seeing the train and watching it blow up over, and over, and over (like I said Groundhog Day). My 6 year old came into it sleepy and was barley awake so really neither saw or understood anything. But it is not a movie containing and sex a kiss or two, bad language was to a minimum, I don't really remember any, but there sorta was a lot of violence the train blew up over and over killing everyone but you did not see dead people just the explosion. There were also a few fights and a few gun shot victims. But it is not meant for kids I would not recommend it for them but I also would not shew them out of he room immediately.

Overall it was okay. It was not that great but it was not bad. The main character was cute his love was very pretty and had awesome hair I wish fell naturally upon my head. It was such a copy of Groundhog Day that was disappointing, but it was modern and if you have never seen either I would recommend it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had my eye on this movie myself.....

Thanks for the heads up.

Anonymous said...

Tom Hanks is not in grounghog day. Bill Murry is the star.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...