Monday, February 25, 2013

Back from Camping

Over the cold snowy Presidents Day weekend the older boys packed up grabbed some friends and went camping.  They were so excited to be going they could have cared less about the snow.  Well at least until they were freezing cold because they did realize how cold it was.  Honestly the snow did not tip you off?  Well I kinda remember doing the same thing as a kid too.  They had a blast.

 photo IMG_9057_zpsf9728c4a.jpg

I dropped off my little campers for the weekend.

 photo IMG_9039_zps14cb47e5.jpg

They packed enough for a week not a weekend.  And my Gregory wore the same socks all weekend!  Ugh I don't understand boys.  But I sure do love them.

 photo IMG_9038_zpscc8fe2e0.jpg

They love going to camp.  They ate well, better than they do here.  They zip lined, go carted, and they loved to play capture the flag,

 photo evantree_zps35c49b88.jpg

 photo gregrun_zpsa161c39d.jpg

No I was not there I got these pictures off the website.

They also had plenty of time to study the Bible.

 photo gregstudy1_zpsa3de7aef.jpg

Gregory came home with a new understand of Gods narrow streets are made of gold and the devils streets are made of dirt and dust.  He truly got it and I was so proud of him.

 photo IMG_9064_zps976f32b8.jpg

A view from their cabin.

 photo IMG_9065_zps32d92b0f.jpg


 photo IMG_9067_zps1c62e045.jpg


Smiley missed them SOOOOOO much.  He is really becoming a big boy himself and wants to be with his older brother all the time.  All weekend long he kept asking when were they coming home so I brought him with me when I went to pick them up.

But all thats fun comes to an end.  Evan is sad because he lost his bible.  His brand new $40 bible!

 photo IMG_9071_zpsb8cccc26.jpg

Smiley and I spent an hour looking for it.  Guess what we found it!!  YAY!  We went back to the boys to give it to Evan and take them home only to have Gregory say did you find mine too?  AGH!! Yes both boys lost there bibles there.  I looked 15 minutes for Gregorys but could not find it.  It is one most kids his age has and probably someone else grabbed it by mistake.  I will get him a new one and get them each the $5 ones that they can take camping

1 comment:

michelle said...

What a seriously fun camp! When I went to church camp as a kid, it was nothing like that. Not even a little bit! I cried the whole time. And the food was yuck. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...