Friday, December 10, 2010

Continuing in Luke

I have continued to wake up early each day going down stair to quietly read a chapter a day from Luke. It is not always easy. One day I feel asleep on the couch. Two days I had children up running around while trying to read. Which lead me to reread quite a few times. The weather has been so cold my house is too when I am up early. But everyday I read. I am very much enjoying it.



Chapters 5-10 have been showcasing when Jesus is an adult and performing many miracles. The theme to these miracles seams to be follow me, believe in me and my father. There are many verses and stories that we have heard since childhood. Summing up to you need to go out and be good do good. Love everyone especially the sinners for they are who need it most.

Of all the chapters a verse from the parable of the good Samaritan is what I want to focus my life on. A law expert was talking with Jesus and asked 10:25 "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" That is what we all want. The lawyer answered his own question 10:26 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind and love your neighbor as yourself." 10:28 Jesus replied" Do this and you will live"

It is not that hard. I do love the Lord with all the above and I want to go to heaven. I as most people struggle with making my actions match. I want to carry myself in a manner that matches loving someone so much. I will pray for God to keep working in me and I will keep working for him.

90_20_9_prev

1 comment:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

great post I need to type up my post i hope to do that tonight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...